Mumbai, Aug 10 (IBNS) Arrested key plotter of 2008 Mumbai attacks Abu Jundal on Friday moved an application in court stating his desire to record his confession, media reports said.
He expressed the desire to record his confessions in connection to the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving gunman from Pakistan in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, and his handler Jundal were brought face-to-face and interrogated on Thursday.
Kasab identified Jundal as one the handlers who guided him and nine other terrorists throughout the strike that is known in India as 26/11.
According to reports, the two men were brought together at the Arthur Road jail on Thursday where Kasab is lodged and were interrogated for one-and-a-half hours.
The session happened after the Mumbai crime branch got permission of the Maharashtra government to interrogate the two militants together to work out the discrepancies between their accounts.
Earlier this week, reports had said that the crime branch wanted to quiz Kasab in connection with the new developments after the arrest of Abu Jundal, who was deported from Saudi Arabia.
Jundal is said to be the one who had trained Kasab for the attack.
Police want to confront Kasab with new information and sort out the anomalies, reports said.
The Pakistan government had formally told India earlier that the evidence given by it in connection to the 2008 Mumbai attacks is not admissible in a Pakistani court.
According to reports, India has given Pakistan evidences including the confessional statement of Ajmal Kasab and statements of four Indian officials.
At least 166 people were killed and more than 300 injured when the Pakistan-based terrorists attacked the Indian financial capital in 2008 Nov, targeting high-profile civilian targets, including two luxury hotels, a railway station and a Jewish community center.