New Delhi, June 30 (IBNS): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) may send a team to Saudi Arabia to discuss the extradition of Fasih Mohammed, who is wanted in India for his alleged involvement in bomb attacks in Karnataka and Delhi, media reports said.
Saudi authorities have informed that Mohammed was apprehended following a Red Corner Notice issued by Interpol.
The notice was issued last month as the Indian government termed "completely wrong" reports about his detention by intelligence agencies and said they sought help from the international agency to locate Mohammed.
The CBI had approached the Interpol at the request of Delhi and Karnataka police for the alleged role of Mohammed in Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore and Jamia Masjid explosion in 2010.
Mohammed's wife, Nikhat Parveen has filed a case against the Indian government in the Supreme Court saying that her husband was picked from their Dubai home on May 13 by Indian intelligence officials who said he was a terror suspect.
Indian Home Minister P Chidambaram however denied the claims last month saying that the 28-year-old Mohammed "is not in the custody of any security force in India and I am afraid that speculative reports which continue to say so are wrong and unfortunate."
"This person is in Saudi Arabia to the best of my knowledge and the police forces which are looking for him -- both Delhi and Karnatka--have approached CBI to put out a notice through interpol and CBI is putting out a notice through the Interpol," he said in New Delhi.
The news about Mohammed’s apprehension comes little over a week after Saudi Authorities reportedly helped India to arrest Abu Jundal, a suspected key plotter of the 2008 Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people and injured over 300.
Sayeed Zabiuddin Ansari, also known as Abu Hamza and Abu Jundal, who has confessed to being among the six men tasked with guiding the ten Pakistani terrorists during the three-day-attack on Mumbai, was arrested at Delhi airport on June 21 on his arrival from Saudi Arabia.