February 19, 2026 11:01 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
COVID19 Tedros
UN website

China blocks WHO team from entering to study origins of coronavirus, Tedros feels 'disappointed'

| @indiablooms | Jan 06, 2021, at 03:08 pm

Geneva: The World Health Organization has said China blocked the arrival of its team to probe the origin of the COVID-19 disease which has now spread across the world.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus was quoted as saying by CNN that two scientists of the United Nations team had already left their home countries for Wuhan when they were told that Chinese officials had not approved the necessary permissions to enter the country.  

The WHO chief siad he was 'disappointed' with the development.

"I am very disappointed with this news," Tedros was quoted as saying by CNN during a news conference in Geneva on Tuesday.

He said: "I have been in contact with senior Chinese officials and I have once again made clear that the mission is a priority for WHO and the international team."  
 
Tedros said WHO was "eager to get the mission underway as soon as possible" and that he had been given assurances that Beijing was speeding up the internal procedure for "the earliest possible deployment."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.