February 17, 2026 06:32 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Nipah virus
In image representative image of Nipah virus/ courtesy: Pixabay

Kerala records 2 deaths due to Nipah virus, Centre sends team for assistance

| @indiablooms | Sep 13, 2023, at 03:48 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Two people have died due to the Nipah virus in Kerala's Kozhikode district, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya confirmed on Tuesday.

The confirmation comes hours after a district-wide health alert was issued on Monday after two "unnatural" deaths were reported from a private hospital.

"A central team sent to Kerala to take stock of the situation and assist the state government in Nipah virus management," Mandaviya said.

The Kerala government has set up a control room in Kozhikode and advised people to use masks as a precautionary measure.

Earlier in the day, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan advised people to exercise caution and said there was no reason to worry as those who were in close contact with the victims were under treatment.

"There is nothing to worry about. Those who were in contact with the two are being traced and treated. Being careful is the key to tackling the situation. Everyone is requested to cooperate with the action plan prepared by the health department," the Chief Minister said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.