February 19, 2026 05:45 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Kuwait reports 161 new COVID-19 cases, 1,154 in total

| @justearthnews | Apr 11, 2020, at 05:29 pm

Kuwait City/Xinhua/UNI: Kuwait reported 161 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1,154, the Health Ministry said in a statement.

The new cases include 29 Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain, Germany and the United States, one case related to an illegal resident who had arrived from Britain and one Indian resident who arrived from Egypt, the statement said.

It added that 124 cases have a history of contact with infected patients and the cause of the infection for the other six cases is still under investigation.

So far, 1,020 patients are under treatment, including 26 in ICU, the statement noted.

Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of ten patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 133.

On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death due to COVID-19.

The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.