February 17, 2026 10:56 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
China COVID19
Image: Pixabay

Outpatient care in China’s Nanjing suspended amid new COVID-19 outbreak, say city authorities

| @indiablooms | Aug 02, 2021, at 11:14 pm

Beijing/UNI/Sputnik: Hospitals in the Chinese city of Nanjing in the eastern Jiangsu province are suspending outpatient appointments amid the new coronavirus outbreak, the city government said.

In the past 24 hours, 11 new coronavirus cases were confirmed in Nanjing. As of Sunday, a total of 215 local COVID-19 cases had been confirmed in the city.

Nanjing hospitals will now only be allowed to provide emergency assistance to those in need and all other appointments are being cancelled. The city government did not specify when the outpatient care will resume at Nanjing hospitals.

Public health officials in Nanjing said on Friday that the current COVID-19 outbreak in the city likely resulted from infected patients who arrived on a flight from Moscow in early July.

A number of new COVID-19 cases have been reported in over 20 other Chinese cities that could be traced back to the new outbreak in Nanjing, according to Chinese media reports.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.