February 19, 2026 10:30 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Pixabay

PepsiCo suspends production at Beijing factory after recording COVID-19 case

| @indiablooms | Jun 21, 2020, at 07:56 pm

Beijing/Sputnik/UNI: PepsiCo suspended production at its Beijing facility after detecting a case of the coronavirus infection on site, Fan Zhimin, the director of corporate affairs at PepsiCo Greater China Region, said on Sunday.

"After we detected one case of the coronavirus infection associated with the Xinfadi market at our factory in Daxing district, we immediately launched an emergency response mechanism, suspended production, disinfected the premises, isolated employees, and took measures for the separate storage of goods," the official said at a press conference.

The director added that the COVID-19 case was registered on Monday, and over the week 480 employees were quarantined despite negative tests for the coronavirus.

The executive also said that the company had conducted an investigation and samples had already been taken from the environment. The company's products are safe, she added.

Meanwhile, Pang Xinghuo, deputy director of the Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that eight COVID-19 cases were detected at a food factory in Daxing district, without specifying the name of the company.

A new cluster of coronavirus cases was detected in Beijing earlier this month. On June 13, Beijing authorities announced they had shut down the city’s major wholesale food market, Xinfadi, after several dozen people linked to the site tested positive for the coronavirus. Restrictive measures have been re-imposed in the Chinese capital.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.