February 22, 2026 10:54 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Image Credit: File image/UNI

12 Naxals, including 5 women, killed in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli police encounter

| @indiablooms | Jul 19, 2024, at 05:37 am

Gadchiroli (Maharashtra): Twelve Naxal cadres, including 5 women, were killed in an encounter between security forces and insurgents in Wandoli village on the Maharashtra-Chhattisgarh border, media reports said.

One Divisional Committee member, Laxman Atram, in charge of the Tipagad Dalam, has been identified as one of the dead Naxal, news agency ANI reported.

Further identification of the Naxals and area searches are ongoing.

The Superintendent of Police, Gadchiroli, Neelotpal, said that various crimes, including encounters, arson and murder, had been registered against the dead Maoists, the report stated.

He also said that all armed formations and cadres in Uttar Gadchiroli have been neutralised by the police. Further, he said that after the operation, Uttar Gadchiroli is Naxal-free now.

Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced a cash reward of Rs. 51 lakhs for the C60 commandos and Gadchiroli Police for successfully conducting the operation.

The operation involved seven C-60 parties led by Deputy Superintendent of Police officers, deployed near the Chhattisgarh border in Wandoli village.

On July 17, an encounter erupted between the Maharashtra Police C-60 team and Maoist insurgents in the forest area between Chhindbhatti and PV-82 in the Kanker border area.

The heavy exchange of fire began on Wednesday afternoon and continued intermittently for six hours, resulting in the deaths of 12 Naxal cadres.

One police sub-inspector and one jawan sustained injuries but are now out of danger, having been evacuated to Nagpur for treatment, the report said.

The area search led to the recovery of seven automatic weapons, including three AK-47s, two INSAS rifles, one carbine, and one SLR, it added.

Security forces have intensified search operations in the region and continue to monitor the situation closely.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.