February 21, 2026 06:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Image Credit: Unsplash

85 domestic flights of IndiGo, Air India, Vistara, and Akasa Air in India receive fresh bomb threats: Report

| @indiablooms | Oct 24, 2024, at 10:24 pm

New Delhi: Amid a series of bomb hoaxes affecting flights in India’s aviation space, at least 85 flights operated by IndiGo, Air India, Vistara, and Akasa Air received similar threats on Thursday, media reports said.

This brings the total number of impacted flights to over 250 in the past 10 days.

According to an India Today report, officials confirmed that the bomb threats affected 25 Akasa Air flights and 20 each from Air India, IndiGo, and Vistara.

Most of the threats, originating from social media platforms, have been hoaxes, causing significant inconvenience to passengers and posing a security challenge for paramilitary forces and aviation authorities.

As a measure, the government is considering placing individuals involved in making hoax bomb threat calls on a no-fly list.

Civil Aviation Minister Ram Mohan Naidu stated that hoax bomb threats to airlines will be classified as a cognizable offense.

The impacted flights, operated by the aforementioned airlines, were travelling from Delhi and other parts of India to domestic and international destinations.

The Delhi Police have filed eight cases related to bomb threats, with messages received through anonymous posts on X (formerly Twitter), which have since been suspended. The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) met with airline CEOs and representatives on October 19 to address the issue.

Earlier on Wednesday, the central government criticized X for its handling of the situation, accusing the platform of "abetting crime."

In an exclusive interview with India Today TV’s Rajdeep Sardesai, Civil Aviation Minister Naidu said that all necessary protocols were being followed, and the situation was under control.

When asked if the threats were part of a larger conspiracy, Naidu advised caution, stating, "I wouldn't make any hasty decision on this. Let us wait for the thorough investigation to happen."

Naidu also highlighted the role of social media and cyber channels in the threats, noting that many of the IP addresses traced to foreign locations could have been rerouted through VPNs, complicating the investigation.

He reassured the public, saying, "We are putting in all the efforts that are required so that our skies are safe."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.