May 24, 2026 01:32 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Honoured to visit the Missionaries of Charity today, says Rubio after Kolkata visit, arrives in Delhi | Marco Rubio's India visit begins in Kolkata: Trade, defence and Quad talks take centre stage | Third fuel price hike in India in 10 days: Here’s what you’ll pay now | Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60%
The emailer using the name "Kanimozhi Thevidiya," warned of blasts if evacuations were not completed by 2 p.m. Photo: Representational/ChatGPT

Delhi High Court evacuated after email bomb threat; no explosives found

| @indiablooms | Sep 12, 2025, at 01:40 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Delhi High Court was evacuated on Friday after an email bomb threat claimed that three improvised explosive devices (IEDs) had been planted on the premises.

The email threat, which mentioned a possible blast targeting the judge’s chamber shortly after midday Friday prayers, triggered high-alert security measures, according to The Times of India and other media.

Multiple court benches were abruptly adjourned as proceedings were suspended and the court premises were cleared. A bomb disposal squad, fire tenders, and police were deployed, and the area was cordoned off, reports said.

After extensive searches, authorities reported that no suspicious items were discovered. 

The email sender, using the name "Kanimozhi Thevidiya," warned of blasts if evacuations were not completed by 2 p.m. and referenced a desire to emulate the 1998 Coimbatore blasts. The message also threatened acid attack violence. 

According to NDTV, the threat claimed to "recreate" the 1998 Coimbatore blasts in Patna later today and threatened an acid attack on Udhayanidhi Stalin's son, Inbanithi.

"See, the basic funda is, secular parties depend on allowing family dynasty politics and corruption to thrive in order to fight BJP/RSS. When the heirs (Rahul Gandhi, Udhayanidhi) are prevented from power, they lose interest in fighting against RSS," the email read as quoted by NDTV.

Authorities have not confirmed a connection with any external intelligence agency or specific group. Meanwhile, this incident follows several recent hoax bomb threats in the capital, raising concerns over repeated security vulnerabilities. 

Further investigation is underway. Official statements said the courts will resume once safety is assured.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.