February 22, 2026 04:10 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Dabur India
Photo Courtesy: Dabur India chairman Mohit Burman. File photo from Facebook/Mohit Burman

ED summons Dabur chief Mohit Burman for money laundering probe in Religare open offer case

| @indiablooms | Aug 15, 2024, at 09:19 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has recently issued summon to Dabur chairman Mohit Burman as part of its ongoing investigation in the Religare open offer case, CNBC-TV18 reported on Wednesday (Aug 14), citing its sources.

Sources told CNBC-TV18 that the Dabur chief had appeared before the federal probe agency last week and his statements had been recorded.

This comes amid the escalating spat between the incoming promoters of Religare and the existing management, reports CNBC-TV18.

According to reports, while the company has levelled allegations on the Burman Family ranging from fraud to their alleged involvement with a betting app, the Burman Family has accused the existing management of lapses in corporate governance.

Burman Family spokesperson and Dabur India Chairman Mohit Burman, in an exclusive interview with CNBC-TV18 in November last year, spoke about how things went south with the current management.

“We're focusing on the open offer. We believe that everything is above board, and sooner than later, all the regulators will give us the nod to proceed and close the acquisition,” Burman told CNBC-TV18 last year.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.