February 19, 2026 11:07 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Kashmir
Unidentified gunmen shot dead a civilian in Kupwara. Photo Courtesy: Wallpaper Cave

Jammu and Kashmir: Civilian shot dead by gunmen in Kupwara less than a week after Pahalgam massacre 

| @indiablooms | Apr 27, 2025, at 07:46 pm

Unidentified gunmen shot dead a civilian in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara region on Saturday amid heightened tension in the Valley over the death of 26 people, mostly non-Muslim tourists, in a deadly terror attack in Pahalgam town on April 22.

The deceased person was identified as a 45-year-old Ghulam Rasool Magray.

According to reports, the gunmen barged into his home and gunned him down.

Critically wounded Ghulam Rasool Magray was rushed from his house located in Kani Khas area to the District Hospital, Handwara, for treatment.

After receiving initial treatment, he was referred to Shri Maharaja Hari Singh (SMHS) Hospital in Srinagar. He later succumbed to his injuries.

Officials told The Indian Express Magray was hit in the abdomen and wrist.

An investigation has been initiated into the incident.

Indian security forces have initiated a massive crackdown across the Kashmir Valley since the Pahalgam attack occurred last week.

In an attempt to curb terrorism and dismantle its infrastructure, security forces have bombed the houses of several terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir in the past few days.

Baisaran Attack

Jammu and Kashmir had attracted a large number of tourists ever since the Centre scrapped Article 370 in 2019.

On April 22, Pahalgam town's Baisaran Valley echoed with the sounds of gunshots when terrorists shot dead 26 people, mostly non-Muslim tourists, marking one of the deadliest strikes i the Valley in the past five years.

Survivors said the gunmen asked some victims about their religion and demanded they recite Islamic verses. Those who failed or hesitated were shot in the head.

Security officials said at least five terrorists split into smaller groups and attacked three zones in the meadow.

Lasting under ten minutes, the assault left 26 dead, including 25 tourists and a local pony operator.

Two security personnel — from the Navy and the Intelligence Bureau — were also killed.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.