February 17, 2026 12:55 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Father disputes police claims in Kanpur Lamborghini crash, citing car malfunction.
Kanpur
Kanpur tobacco baron KK Mishra claims there had been a technical issue with the Lamborghini a day prior to the crash. Photo: AI composition by ChatGPT

Kanpur Lamborghini crash: Accused's father claims ₹10-crore car had 'technical glitch' a day earlier

| @indiablooms | Feb 10, 2026, at 04:33 pm

Kanpur/IBNS: The investigation into the horrific Lamborghini crash in Kanpur has taken a contentious turn, with tobacco businessman KK Mishra publicly challenging the police narrative and offering an alternative version of events surrounding the high-speed accident that injured six people.

The crash, involving a black Lamborghini Revuelto, registered in Delhi (DL 11 CF 4018), occurred around 3:15 pm on Sunday on VIP Road in Kanpur’s upscale Gwaltoli area.

The luxury sports car first rammed into an autorickshaw before smashing into a stationary motorcycle, throwing its rider nearly ten feet into the air.

The vehicle then climbed onto the motorcycle’s front wheel, dragged it along the road and finally crashed into an electric pole.

Luxury car seized, FIR registered

The Italian supercar, valued at over ₹10 crore, has since been seized and sent for a detailed mechanical inspection.

An FIR has been registered on charges of rash and negligent driving and causing hurt, based on a complaint filed by one of the injured victims, Taufiq.

At the centre of the case is Shivam Mishra, son of KK Mishra, the owner of Banshidhar Exports Pvt Ltd, a firm supplying tobacco to gutkha manufacturers across the region.

While no arrests have been made yet, Shivam Mishra has been named as the accused and is under investigation.

Father claims technical fault

In a detailed public statement, KK Mishra claimed that both his son and a designated driver were inside the Lamborghini at the time of the crash, and that he was unaware of who was actually driving.

He claimed the vehicle had developed a technical issue a day before the accident, which was subsequently addressed by mechanics.

On Sunday, Shivam and the driver reportedly took the car out for a test drive.

Mishra alleged that while returning from Civil Lines, his son suddenly began to lose consciousness.

As the driver turned to check on Shivam, the car slowed down, at which point an autorickshaw allegedly struck the Lamborghini, triggering the chain of events that led to the crash.

He further claimed that the car’s automatic locking system prevented the occupants from opening the windows.

Security personnel following them in a black SUV allegedly broke the glass and pulled Shivam out of the vehicle.

Father disputes police claims in Kanpur Lamborghini crash, citing car malfunction.Police say KK Mishra's son Shivam Mishra was behind the wheel at the time of the crash. Photo: X

Shivam Mishra undergoing treatment in Delhi

KK Mishra said his son was examined by a doctor after returning home and was later shifted to Delhi for further medical treatment.

He claimed Shivam is currently unfit to travel and unable to appear before investigators.

Rejecting suggestions that his son had been driving or was under the influence, Mishra said the family does not consume alcohol or narcotics and accused authorities of drawing premature conclusions.

Police reject claims

Kanpur Police have firmly dismissed the family’s account, maintaining that evidence gathered during the probe confirms Shivam Mishra was behind the wheel at the time of the crash.

Commissioner of Police Raghubir Lal said CCTV footage, eyewitness testimonies and on-ground evidence clearly identify Mishra as the driver.

He noted that FIRs can initially contain incomplete details, which are corrected as investigations progress.

Senior police officials pointed to videos from the crash site that allegedly show bystanders pulling Mishra out from the driver’s seat immediately after the impact.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Atul Kumar Srivastava said legal arguments or public statements would not influence the investigation.

Accused not found at home

Police teams reportedly visited the Mishra residence in Arya Nagar to serve legal notices but were unable to establish contact.

Officials confirmed that the FIR, which initially mentioned an unidentified driver, has now been updated to formally name Shivam Mishra as the accused.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.