February 20, 2026 07:46 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
In 2019, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan converted the leasehold status of their property. (Photo courtesy: Pooja Dadlani Instagram handle)

Maharashtra govt to refund Shah Rukh Khan Rs 9 cr for excess payment on Mannat conversion

| @indiablooms | Jan 26, 2025, at 04:58 pm

New Delhi: Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan will receive a Rs 9 crore refund from the Maharashtra government due to an error in calculating the premium for converting his Mannat bungalow to full ownership, media reports said.

The Maharashtra government has approved a Rs 9 crore refund to Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, following an overpayment made during the conversion of the lease for his iconic sea-facing bungalow, Mannat, into full ownership, reported PTI.

In 2019, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan converted the leasehold status of their heritage property in Bandra into "class 1 complete ownership" by paying a premium to the state government, according to the report.

However, a tabulation error led to an excess payment.

Resident suburban collector Satish Bagal confirmed on Saturday that the Khans had filed an application with the revenue authority to rectify the error, reported PTI.

The application was approved earlier this week, sanctioning the refund. 

Although officials did not disclose the exact premium paid at the time, reports suggest the actor had paid more than Rs 25 crore, the report said.

The refund represents the excess amount resulting from the miscalculation.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.