February 20, 2026 08:18 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Sambhal
Akhilesh Yadav speaking on Sambhal incident in Lok Sabha | Photo courtesy: Screen-grab from Samajwadi Party X video

Sambhal incident is BJP's conspiracy: Akhilesh Yadav in Lok Sabha

| @indiablooms | Dec 03, 2024, at 07:47 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday lashed out at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for allegedly conspiring to disturb the "brotherhood" in his state's Sambhal, where five people were killed in clash which broke out over a mosque survey.

Speaking in the Lok Sabha, Akhilesh said, "The Sambhal incident is a well-thought out and well-planned strategy to gun down people. The incident is a conspiracy by the BJP to disturb the brotherhood and unity in the country."

Besides accusing the court of passing the survey order one-sidedly, the SP chief said, "Police and administrative officials are responsible for disturbing the peace in Sambhal. They should be suspended and murder cases should be initiated against them so that people get justice and no such anti-Constitutional and illegal incident happens."

Tension prevailed in the town since last month after a local court ordered a survey of the Mughal-era Jama Masjid.

The order was passed after a plea claiming a Harihar temple existed at the site until Babar demolished it.

The first round of the survey was conducted in the previous week. The violence broke out during the second round on Sunday. 

When the survey team reached the site, a mob started shouting slogans and soon the scenario escalated to clash and violence forcing the cops to use force to take control of the situation.

Thirty-six cops were injured after a mob pelted stones at the survey team and police personnel in the western Uttar Pradesh town.

Several vehicles were torched.

The Supreme Court last Friday paused the trial court's order permitting a survey of the mosque, stressing on the importance of maintenance of "peace and harmony".

Besides, it has asked the management committee of the Shahi Idgah Masjid to approach the high court against the trial court order.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.