February 22, 2026 02:12 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Tamil Nadu
Photo Courtesy: Pixabay

Tamil Nadu: 13 girls sexually abused during fake NCC camp in school

| @indiablooms | Aug 19, 2024, at 08:04 pm

At least 13 girls were allegedly sexually abused during a fake National Cadet Corps (NCC) camp at a private school in Krishangiri region of Tamil Nadu recently, media reports said.

The camp was held on the campus of the school from August 5 to August 9.

One of the girls was sexually assaulted while 12 others were sexually harassed, police told The Week.

Police said 11 people have been arrested so far.

Read details about Kolkata rape horrorNo faith in Mamata Banerjee: RG Kar rape-murder victim's father amid CBI probe

The main accused in the case, who was identified as Sivaraman, was arrested on Monday.

He is accused of sexually abusing the girls during the camp.

 Sivaraman, who was the Kirshnagiri East district secretary of Naam Tamilar Katchi youth wing, was booked under POCSO Act and BNS sections, The Week reported.

School principal A. Sathish Kumar, school's correspondent Samson Wesley and two teachers have been arrested for not informing the police after girls informed them about the harassment.

Police are investigating whether similar incidents were held in other schools.

Also ReadKolkata doctor rape-murder: Supreme Court takes suo moto cognizance of incident, hearing to take place on August 20

The incident came to light amid the ongoing CBI probe into the rape and murder of a PG trainee doctor in a state-run hospital in Kolkata.

The incident has triggered nationwide protests.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.