February 16, 2026 09:38 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Ranveer Singh exited Don 3 over script dissatisfaction. Photo: Official Instagram.

Farhan Akhtar's Excel Entertainment seeks Rs. 40 crore in damages from Ranveer Singh over ‘Don 3’ exit: Report

| @indiablooms | Feb 09, 2026, at 11:35 pm

Farhan Akhtar’s Excel Entertainment has reportedly demanded Rs. 40 crore in damages from actor Ranveer Singh following his alleged exit from the much-anticipated film Don 3 in December last year.

According to reports, the production house has cited substantial financial losses resulting from the actor’s decision to step away from the project after pre-production had already begun.

Excel Entertainment is said to be seeking compensation for sunk development costs, scheduling disruptions, and delays linked to planning and associated commitments.

A letter accessed by Variety India reportedly states that the production company was compelled to release several departments from the project, with heads of departments being asked to look for alternative work due to the uncertainty surrounding the film.

Sources told the publication that Ranveer Singh maintains he exited the project because he was dissatisfied with the script.

The actor is said to have repeatedly requested changes and remained unhappy with the final draft. Excel Entertainment, however, has contested this claim, asserting that pre-production commenced only after Singh approved the script.

The report further states that representatives of Ranveer Singh and Excel Entertainment held a two-hour-long meeting on Friday in an attempt to resolve the dispute, but no breakthrough was achieved.

Discussions reportedly centred on accountability and financial responsibility, with both sides standing firm on their positions.

With tensions escalating, the Producers Guild of India has stepped in to mediate between the two parties in an effort to prevent the matter from worsening.

The dispute has also triggered widespread debate on social media platforms, particularly Reddit, where several users questioned the scale of the alleged losses and expressed support for the actor.

Some users argued that unless there was a binding written agreement, the production house may not have a strong case, while others questioned whether Rs 40 crore could realistically be spent during the pre-production phase.

Don 3 was officially announced by Farhan Akhtar in 2023, accompanied by a teaser introducing Ranveer Singh in the titular role. However, the film never progressed to production, and earlier reports suggested that the project was pushed to the backburner after the makers struggled to find a replacement for the actor.

As of now, neither Ranveer Singh nor Excel Entertainment has issued an official statement on the reported dispute.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.