February 22, 2026 01:51 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

Naseeruddin Shah, Mithun Chakraborty to come together for ‘The Tashkent Files’

| @indiablooms | Jan 12, 2018, at 02:24 am

Mumbai, Jan 11 (IBNS): Vivek Agnihotri has roped in the talented Naseeruddin Shah and Mithun Chakraborty for his eagerly anticipated film ‘The Tashkent Files’. 

The film was announced on Thursday on the occasion of the death anniversary of Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shashtri.

The Tashkent Files is the country’s first crowd sourced gripping thriller.

It revolves around the mysterious death of the second Prime Minister of India Lal Bahadur Shastri.

Director Vivek Agnihotri had earlier taken to social media asking the audience to share their views on Lal Bahadur Shastri using the hashtag #WhoKilledShashtriji.

Commenting on the same, director Vivek Agnihotri said, “As a citizen, it is our democratic right to know if our 2nd Prime Minister Shri Lal Bahadur Shastriji died a natural death, or, as alleged, was it an assassination? I am trying to delve further into this mystery through TheTashkent Files.”

Speaking about the casting for the film, Vivek Agnihotri said, “Both Naseeruddin and Mithun are powerhouses and were obvious choices for the film. This film also brings them together onscreen after a long time. The two are extremely excited about the project and I am sure the audience will be waiting to see them in this new avatar.”
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.