February 22, 2026 12:57 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

COVID-19: Sourav Ganguly offers Eden Gardens to Bengal government for quarantine facilities

| @indiablooms | Mar 25, 2020, at 02:14 pm

Kolkata/IBNS: Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Sourav Ganguly has offered the indoor facility and the players' dormitory of the iconic Eden Gardens to West Bengal government for the quarantine facilities to combat the deadly Novel Coronavirus, media reports said.

Ganguly said the facilities will be handed over to the state government if it asks for.

As per the government data last updated at 9:15 am, the total number of active positive COVID-19 cases is 512, cured/discharged cases is 40 while 11 people have lost their their lives. 

So far in West Bengal, nine people including a deceased have been infected with the virus.

The Mamata Banerjee government has overnight converted Dumurjala Stadium in Howrah district into a quarantine centre for the COVID-19 patients.

Ganguly, a former Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president, has also urged people to stay indoors during the 21-day long lockdown which was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday.

"Let’s fight this together .. we will get over this," the former Indian cricket captain said on Twitter.

Earlier Ganguly had said he had never thought the streets of Kolkata would get deserted. The streets are deserted as the lockdown in the city is in place since Mar 23.

"Never thought would see my city like this .. stay safe .. this will change soon for the better ...love and affection to all .." the BCCI chief had tweeted.

(Image Credit: Sourav Ganguly Twitter)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.