February 21, 2026 07:26 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

New Zealand's tour of Bangladesh postponed indefinitely due to COVID-19

| @indiablooms | Jun 23, 2020, at 05:14 pm

Dhaka:  New Zealand’s test tour of Bangladesh has been postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said on Tuesday.

Kane Williamson's side were scheduled to play two matches of the ICC World Test Championship in August-September in Bangladesh.

The BCB and New Zealand Cricket (NZC) will now work on identifying a suitable time to reschedule the series, the Bangladesh board said in a statement.

"In the present COVID-19 pandemic scenario, hosting a full cricket series in August 2020 will be a challenge in terms of preparations and we cannot take chances with the safety and health of players, support staff and related stakeholders," Cricbuzz quoted BCB chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury as saying.

"Under these circumstances, the BCB and NZC have felt that the best way forward would be to defer the series. We realise that this will be hugely disappointing for the players and officials of both teams, not to mention the fans of the two nations but I must thank NZC for its understanding and for recognising the rationale behind such a decision,'' he added.

Bangladesh has reported more than 1,15,000 infections and 1,500 deaths due to the novel coronavirus pandemic so far. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.