February 22, 2026 02:24 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

PSL will proceed as planned: PCB

| @indiablooms | Mar 13, 2020, at 04:49 pm

Islamabad/IBNS: The Pakistan Cricket Board on Friday said the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will proceed as planned.

"The match will be played behind closed doors and only event accredited personnel will be allowed to enter the venue," the PCB said in a statement.

The board gave cricketers and support staff participating in the event the option to withdraw from it.

"All players and players support personnel have been given the option to withdraw from the HBL PSL 2020 should they wish to do so," PCB said.

Pakistan has recorded 21 confirmed Coronavirus cases so far.

The following players have to date confirmed they will not take any further part in the HBL PSL 2020:

Karachi Kings – Alex Hales

Multan Sultans – Rilee Rossouw and James Vince

Peshawar Zalmi – Tom Banton, Carlos Brathwaite, Liam Dawson, James Foster (coach), Lewis Gregory and Liam Livingstone

Quetta Gladiators – Jason Roy and Tymal Mills

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “This remains an evolving and unprecedented situation with a number of moving parts that require constant and regular monitoring."

“Today, the PCB and the team owners, as part of their duty of care, have decided to give all the players the option to decide if they wish to return home. Ensuring that the players feel comfortable remains paramount to the PCB," Khan said.

“As of now, it is important to emphasise and clarify that the main concern of many of the 10 players and a coach, who have chosen to return home, revolves around avoiding a potential situation where they might become stranded either due to flight cancellations or border closures in their own countries," he said.

Image: PSL Facebook page

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.