February 17, 2026 10:51 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Virat Kohli
Photo Courtesy: Virat Kohli Instagram page

Virat Kohli's brother Vikas Kohli rejects 'fake news' circulating about mother's health

| @indiablooms | Jan 31, 2024, at 09:12 pm

Indian cricket star Virat Kohli's brother Vikas Kohli has rejected claims that the former skipper's absence in the first two Test matches against England was linked to their mother's ill health.

He said their mother is 'fit and fine'.

"Hello everyone! I have noticed that there is this fake news about our mom's health been circulating around," Vikas wrote on Instagram.

"Let me clear that our mom is absolutely fit and fine. Also, I would request everyone and also the media, not to spread such news without proper information. Thanks everyone for your concern," he said.

Kohli withdrew himself from the first two Tests against England citing personal reasons, the Board of Control for Cricket in India said last week.

"Mr. Virat Kohli has requested the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to be withdrawn from the first two Tests of the upcoming IDFC First Bank Test series against England, citing personal reasons," BCCI said in a statement.

England beat India in first Test

India suffered a shock defeat in the first Test against England to go 1-0 down in the series.

Vizag, Rajkot, Ranchi and Dharamshala will host the remaining matches of the series.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.