February 22, 2026 10:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Torkham
Pixabay

Afghanistan border forces beat up Tolo News correspondent: Reports

| @indiablooms | Oct 25, 2021, at 01:50 am

Afghanistan's border forces beat up a TOLO News correspondent near Torkham gate on Sunday while making a report about the situation at the crossing between Afghanistan and Pakistan, media reports said.

The victim, Sadaqat Ghorzang, told TOLO News although he had coordinated with Torkham crossing officials, the border forces beat him up and threw his camera and other equipment into the river and also broke his mobile phone.

“After having a talk with the Torkham crossing commissioner, I along with a bodyguard of the commissioner went to near the Torkham gate to make a report. There we were warned and beaten up by the border forces without any reason. They threw my camera and other equipment into the river. They kept me for a few minutes at the commissariat and broke my mobile. So far, I do not know what has happened to my camera,” Ghorzang said.

TOLOnews officials said the relevant government departments should seriously investigate the incident.

“We are concerned about the current situation and we urge the relevant departments to investigate this case and publicize its findings. If it is not investigated and if it is neglected, working will become difficult for us,” said Khpolwak Sapai, head of TOLOnews.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.