February 18, 2026 10:16 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Afghanistan: Pakistan, US condemn Paktia blast

| @indiablooms | Aug 04, 2018, at 04:07 pm

Kabul, Aug 4 (IBNS): Pakistan and the USA on Saturday condemned the bomb attack in Paktia province of Afghanistan which left 34 people killed.

Pakistan Foreign Office said in a statement: "Pakistan strongly condemns the shooting and suicide attack during Friday prayers at a mosque in the city of Gardez, Paktia province today, that has resulted in loss of over 20 precious lives and injuries to many other namazis."

"We express our deepest sympathies and condolences to the bereaved families and pray for the recovery of the injured. Pakistan stands together with the government and people of Afghanistan in this hour of grief," read the statement.

"Pakistan condemns terrorism in all forms and manifestations," it said.

US Embassy in Kabul said in a tweet: "We strongly condemn the depraved #attack on a mosque today in #Gardez #Paktia targeting worshipers. We stand with all #Afghans who seek to live in harmony. #AFG ."

The death toll in Friday's suicide blast inside a mosque in Afghanistan's southeastern Paktia province has touched 34, media reports said on Saturday.

At least 94 others were injured in the blast.

The governor’s spokesman, Abdullah Hasrat told Pajhwok Afghan News that at least 34 people had been killed and more than 94 others wounded in the suicide attack.

The injured were reportedly rushed to different hospitals in the city for treatment.

Security forces cordoned off the area after the blast.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.