February 16, 2026 11:19 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Baloch Liberation Army claimed to have killed 80 Pak security personnel. Photo: X/Videograb.

BLA claims over 80 Pakistani security personnel killed in Balochistan attacks

| @indiablooms | Feb 01, 2026, at 12:50 pm

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) on Friday claimed that more than 80 Pakistani security personnel were killed during a series of coordinated attacks across Balochistan that it described as “Operation Herof Phase II,” media reports said.

In a statement issued on January 31, the banned separatist group said its fighters carried out simultaneous assaults over ten hours on military, police, intelligence, and administrative targets across multiple districts of the province.

The BLA alleged that the operation targeted dozens of locations and temporarily disrupted the movement of Pakistani security forces in several areas.

According to the statement attributed to BLA spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch, attacks were carried out in and around Quetta, Noshki, Mastung, Dalbandin, Kalat, Kharan, Panjgur, Gwadar, Pasni, Turbat, Tump, Buleda, Mangochar, Lasbela, Kech and Awaran.

The group claimed its fighters struck security installations, government offices, and checkpoints, and briefly took control of certain posts during clashes.

The BLA alleged that at least 84 personnel from the Pakistani military, police, intelligence agencies and counter-terrorism units were killed, with dozens more injured and 18 taken captive.

It also claimed that more than 30 government properties, including offices, banks and prisons, were seized or destroyed, and that over 20 vehicles were set on fire.

There was no immediate independent verification of the claims. Pakistani authorities had not issued a detailed official response at the time of reporting, and casualty figures were not confirmed.

In previous incidents in Balochistan, official accounts have often differed significantly from figures released by militant groups.

The BLA statement acknowledged that seven of its own fighters were killed during the operation, including members of its elite “Majeed Brigade.” The group said the deaths occurred during assaults on security installations and portrayed them as part of a broader coordinated offensive, media reports said.

The Baloch Liberation Army is one of several separatist militant organisations operating in Balochistan, Pakistan’s largest but least populous province.

The region has experienced decades of insurgency driven by grievances over political autonomy, resource control and economic development.

The BLA has previously claimed responsibility for attacks targeting Pakistani security forces, infrastructure and projects linked to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.

Balochistan has remained the site of a prolonged low-intensity conflict, punctuated by periodic large-scale militant attacks and counter-insurgency operations.

Human rights organisations have repeatedly raised concerns over alleged enforced disappearances, extrajudicial killings and other abuses in the province, allegations that Pakistani authorities have denied.

The BLA also claimed that it received support from local residents during the operation, a claim that could not be independently verified.

Analysts note that civilians in conflict-affected areas often face pressure from both militants and security forces, making the extent of voluntary support difficult to assess.

As of late Friday, information from the affected areas remained limited, with reports of disrupted communications in parts of the province. Authorities were expected to release further details after assessing the situation, while the BLA said additional updates could follow as more information becomes available.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.