February 19, 2026 09:51 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Blast rips through wedding hall in Afghanistan; 63 killed, over 180 injured

| @indiablooms | Aug 18, 2019, at 10:08 am

Kabul, Aug 18 (UNI) At least 63 people were killed and over 180 injured when a powerful explosion rocked a wedding hall in the Afghan capital of Kabul on Saturday night, according to local media.

Afghan Interior Ministry has confirmed that an explosion took place at a wedding reception in the west of Afghanistan's capital.

The blast happened at the Shahr-e-Dubai wedding hall in PD 6 of Kabul at around 2240 hrs, spokesman for the Interior Ministry Nasrat Rahimi told Tolo News.

"The killed and injured were shifted by police and Kabul ambulance to hospitals. The nature of the blast will be shared with media later," he added.

Hundreds of people were inside the wedding hall when the explosion occurred near the stage of the two-story building.

Witnesses said the hall was packed with guests attending the wedding ceremony of an Afghan couple when the explosion hit.

Security forces have cordoned off the area for precautionary measures.

No group or individual has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.