February 23, 2026 01:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
China COVID19
Image: Wikimedia Commons

China locks down Zhengzhou city amid surging COVID-19 outbreak

| @indiablooms | Aug 06, 2021, at 10:44 pm

Moscow/UNI/SPUTNIK: The city of Zhengzhou in central China’s Henan province has been placed under complete lockdown, the local government said on Friday.https://covid19.who.int/

All the residential neighborhoods in Zhengzhou will be under strict lockdown and local residents would only be allowed to go out with a green health code and have to subject to routine temperature checks, the local government’s COVID-19 containment command center said in a directive.

According to the directive, for residents living in neighborhoods designed as “mid-high-risk areas,” one person from each household would be allowed to go out to buy life necessities once per day.

Zhengzhou identified its first local COVID-19 case in the city’s No.6 People’s Hospital last week.
As of Thursday, the city has recorded 112 new COVID-19 infections in the latest outbreak.

Chinese public health officials said on Thursday that the new outbreak in the city was triggered by an infected patient who contracted the Delta variant of the new coronavirus before returning from overseas and was being treated at the No.6 People’s Hospital.

Zhengzhou’s latest COVID-19 outbreak dealt new blows to local residents who faced devastating floods in mid-July, when heavy floods caused by torrential rainfalls killed 292 locals and left 47 others missing.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.