February 19, 2026 05:03 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

China's White Paper says full responsibility for Trade Talks' failure rests solely with US

| @indiablooms | Jun 02, 2019, at 02:23 pm

Beijing, Jun 2 (Sputnik): Washington bears full responsibility for the failure of trade talks with Beijing, as it is the United States that steps back from hard-worn agreements, a white paper on the relevant trade consultations published by China's State Council said on Sunday.

According to the document, since the beginning of the negotiations, the sides have managed to achieve tangible progress and reach a certain consensus, however, they have also faced significant difficulties.

"And each time these difficulties arose because the United States walked away from agreements, because they say one thing and do another, do not show any sincerity and good faith ... Trade negotiations have suffered a crushing failure, and the responsibility for this entirely lies with the American side," the white paper said.

Beijing added that it "will not bend to pressure and will withstand any challenges," stressing that it "remains open to talks but will fight to the end, if necessary."

The latest round of the US-Chinese trade talks ended in mid-May without an agreement.

The United States then claimed that Beijing had broken the deal and swiftly increased duties from 10 percent to 25 percent on Chinese imports worth about $200 billion.

The United States and China have been trying to overcome disagreements that emerged in the wake of US President Donald Trump’s decision last June to impose 25 percent tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods in a bid to fix the trade deficit. Since then, the sides have exchanged several rounds of duties.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.