February 19, 2026 06:39 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
China Covid-19
Image: Representational image by Jida Li on Unsplash

Chinese authorities to stick to Zero COVID rule

| @indiablooms | Nov 08, 2022, at 12:26 am

Beijing: Chinese authorities have said they will continue to stick to the Zero COVID rule despite growing discontent over the system.

During the Saturday press conference held in Beijing, Mi Feng, a spokesperson for the National Health Commission, stressed that China will continue to maintain its dynamic zero-COVID strategy as the country still faces the dual risks of imported cases and domestic community transmission, reports Global Times.

The epidemic prevention and control situation remains severe, Mi noted.

The country registered 4,420 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections on Saturday. This is the highest daily count in cases registered in the past six months.

China’s last highest number of cases was reported on May 6. However, even after China’s highhandedness in tackling the pandemic, a day earlier on Friday, China reported 3,659 new local cases, reported Al Jazeera as quoted by ANI.

The public in China is increasingly flustered by its hardline zero-COVID policy.

The restrictions are also hitting a blow to its economy.

Health officials, only a day after the country reported the highest COVID cases in the last 6 months, said they will stick with strict coronavirus curbs.

At a news conference on Saturday, health officials reiterated their commitment to the “dynamic clearing” approach to COVID cases as soon as they emerge. China’s anti-COVID measures are “completely correct, as well as the most economical and effective”, said disease control official Hu Xiang.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.