February 17, 2026 03:38 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Telegram
Representational image from Wallpaper Cave

For the first time, Telegram apologizes to South Korea for deepfake porn

| @indiablooms | Sep 05, 2024, at 09:05 pm

Paris/IBNS: Cloud-based, cross-platform, social media and instant messaging service Telegram has cooperated with South Korean authorities and has removed 25 videos showing sexual crimes, reports said.

The Communication Standards Commission of South Korea Tuesday (Sept 2) published the news about the platform's actions, and reported that Telegram, the second-largest instant messaging service in the world after WhatsApp, had apologized for the presence of illegal content.

The Korean Commission expressed its hope that the incident will be a first step towards a productive relationship, which includes providing the instant messaging platform with a direct email line to facilitate the quick withdrawal of requests, reports Softonic.

“Telegram’s statement, which countries around the world have requested, is very forward-looking, and it is assessed that by recognizing the seriousness of the recent incident in our country and clearly showing a willingness to cooperate in the future, it will largely pave the way to resolve the current situation,” the Commission’s statement read after automatic translation.

South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol, during last week's cabinet meeting, declared that the country is facing a deepfake crisis, as per reports.

New York City-based international human rights organization Human Rights Watch said, “South Korea is facing an epidemic of digital sexual crimes, with hundreds of women and girls being targeted by deepfake sexual images that are shared online.”

Recently, French authorities arrested Telegram CEO Pavel Durov and subsequently charged him for the content disseminated on the platform, and the rebel network’s lack of response to requests for help in investigating the origin of that content.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.