February 18, 2026 02:16 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
IDF
IDF says top Hamas commander involved in last week's attack killed. Photo Courtesy: IDF X page

Israel Defense Forces says top Hamas commander involved in last week's attack killed

| @indiablooms | Oct 14, 2023, at 09:03 pm

The Israel Defense Forces on Saturday said a top Hamas commander, who was involved in last week's attacks, was killed when fighter jets struck an operational headquarters used by the group over the past day, media reports said.

The deceased commander was identified as Hamas Aerial System head Merad Abu Merad.

Also Read: Armed Hamas members are seen playing with abducted Israeli children in IDF-released video

“During the strike IDF fighter jets killed Merad Abu Merad, who was the head of the Hamas Aerial System in Gaza City and was largely responsible for directing terrorists during the massacre on Saturday,” the IDF was quoted as saying by CNN.

The IDF told the American news channel that its fighter jets also conducted wide-scale strikes throughout the Gaza Strip on Friday against dozens of Hamas targets and “Nukhba” operatives, who were one of the leading forces that breached the border perimeter and led the infiltration into Israel last Saturday.

In his X post, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Avichay Adraee said Murad Abu Murad played a major role in the attack on Israel last Saturday, which killed more than 1,300 people.

Since this round of attacks between Hamas and Israel began on Saturday (October 7, 2023), Israel has launched hundreds of airstrikes against targets in the Gaza Strip.

So far, more than 1,500 Palestinians and more than 1,300 Israelis have been killed, Xinhua reported.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.