February 18, 2026 11:05 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
A worker unloads ready-to-eat rations from a truck close to Alexandria, Egypt, in preparation for delivery to Gaza. Photo Courtesy: WFP/Amira Moussa

Israel-Hamas conflict: Six UN refugee agency workers died in Gaza in past 24 hours

| @indiablooms | Oct 24, 2023, at 05:16 pm

Six UN’s Palestinian refugee agency workers were killed in the past 24 hours in Gaza amid the ongoing conflict between the Hamas group and Israel.

UNRWA said so far 35 of its workers have died ever since the conflict started on Oct 7.

UNRWA posted on X: "Another six @UNRWA staff have been confirmed killed, bringing total to 35 staff killed since 7 October."

UN chief Antonio Guterres condoled the death of UNRWA staff and wrote on X: "Thousands of civilians have lost their lives amid the violence in the Middle East." "Among them, 35 of our @UNRWA colleagues—humanitarians, teachers—have been killed in Gaza since 7 October," he said. "We mourn their loss & stand with colleagues doing all they can to assist those in need," the UN chief said.

Meanwhile, the number of people killed in Gaza has exceeded 5,000 according to latest reports from de facto authorities there, amid intensifying Israeli airstrikes in response to Hamas attacks, while humanitarians repeated urgent calls for a ceasefire and more aid convoys.

Echoing that message, UN health agency (WHO) chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus issued a new appeal on Monday for “sustained safe passage” for medical essentials and fuel to keep health facilities open.

“Lives depend on these decisions,” he insisted on social platform X.

Latest media reports citing the Gaza Ministry of Health indicate that the number of people killed in Gaza since 7 October has risen to 5,087.

Women and children have made up more than 62 per cent of the fatalities, while more than 15,273 people have been injured.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.