February 22, 2026 12:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
ISIS-K
Wallpaper Cave

Kabul Passport office attack: ISIS-K claims responsibility

| @indiablooms | Dec 26, 2021, at 09:12 pm

Kabul: Terrorist outfit Islamic State of Iraq and Syria-Khorasan Branch (ISIS-K) has claimed responsibility for the attack on the General Directorate of Passport in Afghanistan capital Kabul that was thwarted by the Taliban affiliates.

As per the reports of Kabul’s security officials, a suicide attacker wanted to explode his explosive at the gate of the passport office where hundreds of the Taliban affiliates had gathered, reports Khaama Press.

The Taliban government on Friday said an attack in front of the passport department in the Afghan capital of Kabul was thwarted on Thursday, according to media reports.

An early message to media from a government source said there had been a car bomb, but this was later changed, reports Tolo News.

"An attack was prevented in front of the Central Passport Department in Kabul. This afternoon, an attacker who tried to enter the Central Passport Department was eliminated by the security personnel of the Central Passport Department. No one was killed or injured in the attack," the Ministry tweeted as quoted by Tolo News.

“Before the (attacker) reached his goal, he was targeted and eliminated. The attack took just minutes and ended up with the killing of the attacker,” Alam Gul Haqqani, head of the Passport Department, told the news portal.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.