February 19, 2026 06:44 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Karachi Chinese consulate attack: Main suspect arrested

| @indiablooms | Jul 03, 2019, at 05:26 pm

Karachi, July 3 (IBNS): The main suspect in the Chinese consulate attack in Pakistan's Karachi city last year has been arrested, media reports said on Wednesday.

Sources told Geo News the main suspect identified as Rashid Brohi was caught from a gulf state and transferred to Pakistan through Interpol. 

Sources told the news channel that the Brohi kept keeping watch during the attack and facilitated the attackers. 

According to local media reports, Rashid Brohi  is allegedly a member of the proscribed Balochistan Liberation Army.

Sources told Geo News that Brohi had taken Rs0.1 million for the attack.

Two policemen were killed and one security guard was injured in an attack on the Chinese Consulate in Pakistan's Karachi in 2018.

The strike was claimed by a separatist group in Balochistan, where Chinese involvement in infrastructure project is fiercely opposed by the Baluchis seeking independence from Pakistan. 

Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) had claimed the attack. 

Meanwhile, the US Department of State on Tuesday designated the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) and Hizballah operative Husain Ali Hazzima as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGTs) under Executive Order (E.O.), officials said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.