February 17, 2026 02:45 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Lakhvi sent to 14 days judicial custody

| | Jan 01, 2015, at 11:58 pm
Islamabad, Jan 1 (IBNS) 26/11 mastermind Zakir-ur-Rehman Lakhvi has been sent to 14 days judicial custody on Thursday after the Pakistani government moved to the Supreme Court protesting the detention suspension order issued by the Islamabad high court.
He will now be produced on Jan 15, reports said.
 
The Pakistan Government earlier on Thursday challenged in the Supreme Court the suspension of the detention order of Mumbai attacks mastermind Lakhvi.
 
The move by the country's Interior Ministry  followed the Islamabad High Court's order  granting  conditional bail to  the Lashkar-e-Taiba commander on the purported ground that there was no evidence to prove his involvement in the 2008 attacks in Mumbai in which 166 people were killed.
 
Reacting strongly to Lakhvi being allowed to walk free,  India summoned Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basir on Monday to register its protest.  The next day the 26/11 accused was detained for the second time and a fresh case was registered against him allegedly for kidnapping a man.
 
Lakhvi, who  has been in a Rawalpindi jail from 2009 is one of the seven people being tried in Pakistan for the Mumbai attacks.
 
Indian intelligence agencies have submitted voice samples and other evidence of Lakhvi talking on satellite phones to the 10 terrorists who swooped on Mumbai to launch attacks in several landmark areas. 
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.