February 17, 2026 12:58 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Plane Crash
The flight data recorder recovered from the plane crash in Turkey that killed Libya's army chief will be sent to Germany. AI composition by ChatGPT

Berlin/DPA: The black box recovered from the plane crash in Turkey that killed a Libyan general and his companions is being sent to Germany for evaluation, the Libyan Interior Ministry said on Thursday evening.

This is intended to ensure a "precise technical analysis," the ministry said.

A black box contains the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder. It is typically analysed in a crash investigation.

In Germany, flight recorders are mostly analysed by the Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accident Investigation (BFU) in Braunschweig.

On Thursday, Turkish Transport Minister Abdkulkadir Uraloğlu said on X that the black box would be analysed in a "neutral country" following preliminary investigation, but he did not name a country.

The Turkish public prosecutor's office has also pledged to support the investigation into the crash and to provide all documents and camera recordings, according to the Libyan Interior Ministry in Tripoli.

It added that the Libyan criminal police had sent DNA samples from relatives of the victims to the Turkish authorities to confirm their identities.

The private jet took off from Ankara for Libya on Tuesday and crashed about 80 kilometres further south.

All eight people on board were killed, according to Turkish authorities.

Among them was Libyan Chief of the General Staff Mohammed al-Haddad, who had been on an official visit for the Tripoli government to Turkey.

Hundreds of rescuers were deployed at the crash site.

After the overthrow of long-time ruler Muammar Gaddafi in 2011, Libya was engulfed in civil war for many years.

Today, the North African country, where militias and foreign states continue to vie for power and resources, is effectively divided.

Alongside the government in Tripoli, there is the rival government in the east, which is allied with the renegade General Khalifa Haftar.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan conveyed his condolences to the prime minister of the Tripoli government, Abdel Hamid Dbaiba.

Meanwhile, a provisional successor to al-Haddad was appointed in Libya.

(With inputs from IBNS)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.