February 17, 2026 04:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Pakistan Staged Encounter
Representational image by Voice of America (VOA) via Wikimedia Commons

Man’s death in ‘staged’ encounter sparks demonstration in Pakistan

| @indiablooms | May 16, 2022, at 06:17 pm

Karachi, Pakistan: Placing the body of a man, who was allegedly killed in a staged encounter, on the road, his relatives demonstrated in front of the office of senior superintendent of police on Thursday night in Pakistan's Hyderabad, media reports said on Sunday.

Mehboob Leghari succumbed to wounds from gunshots at Liaquat University Hospital on Thursday evening, reports The Dawn.

His heirs brought the body to the SSP office to lodge a protest, claiming he had been killed in a staged encounter.

Zafar Leghari, brother-in-law of the deceased,told Dawn News that Mehboob was a rickshaw driver and father of two children. 

He was picked up on May 8 along with his cousin Noman Leghari, he said.

Since then both had remained missing, he said.

He told The Dawn the family had filed a petition in Sindh High Court for their recovery and demanded registration of murder case against SHO Imran Rasheed.

The police said the suspect was a hardened criminal and was involved in robberies in Qasimabad, Bhitai Nagar, Naseem Nagar and Latifabad.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.