February 19, 2026 05:02 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Nepal: Blasts in Kathmandu kills 4

| @indiablooms | May 27, 2019, at 10:07 am

Kathmandu, may 27 (IBNS/UNI): Multiple blasts rocked Nepal's capital Kathmandu city on Sunday and left at least four people killed, media reports said on Monday.

The blasts reportedly left seven others injured.

As per preliminary reports, two people died when a cooking gas cylinder exploded inside a hair salon in Sukedhara while one person died in Ghattekulo in the cylinder blast.

According to police, the cylinders that exploded could have been improvised as explosive devices or could have been planned for planting them somewhere in the capital by the members of the Communist Party of Nepal led by Chand, which had given a call for general strike on Monday.

Police official Shyam Lal Gyawali told BBC three of those killed died "on the spot", while the fourth died in hospital. 

The bombings were the deadliest since the government imposed a ban on activities of Netra Birkram Chand-led Communist Party of Nepal on March 12 following a blast outside Ncell office in Nakkhu that killed one person, reported The Himalayan Times.

Though no one has claimed responsibility for the blasts, Nepal Police suspects the hand of CPN, the newspaper report further said.

The bombings took place on the eve of a strike called by CPN.

Security forces reached the spots after the blasts.

An investigation is currently underway.

Earlier in February also the Chand-led outfit carried out at a blast in Nakkhu in which one eprson was killed while two others were injured.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.