February 19, 2026 02:03 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Titanic
Representative image/ credit: Pixabay

OceanGate website still featuring advertisement inviting people to join Titanic wreckage expedition, days after fatal sub implosion

| @indiablooms | Jun 30, 2023, at 03:07 pm

Oceagate, the company which operated the submersible that imploded in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, is still posting advertisements on its website inviting people to join in the expedition to witness the wreckage of the Titanic.

Reports emerged last week that OceanGate Expeditions closed its doors indefinitely after its CEO Stockton Rush, British billionaire Hamish Harding, French diving expert Paul-Henri Nargeolet and Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood and his 19-year-old Suleman died when the company’s Titan sub imploded while on a tour to the Titanic’s wreck, reports The Independent.

But more than 10 days after the tragedy - and a week after it was confirmed, the OceanGate website still features available dates for two separate eight-day expeditions next year, the British newspaper reported.

One pilot, one “content expert” and three mission specialists — or passengers without any previous experience needed who pay $250,000— participate in every dive, reports The Independent.

Apart from Titanic, the company also conducted expeditions to Azores Archipelago in Portugal and to the Bahamas.

Meanwhile, experts believe all planned expeditions to the iconic shipwreck have been cancelled following the  OceanGate mishap.

The Explorers Club told The New York Post it knows of no plans still in place for scientific exploratory trips to the Titanic’s final resting spot 12,500 feet below the ocean’s surface — while commercial expeditions appear to also have been grounded — after the implosion of the only tourist craft taking people to it.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.