May 23, 2026 10:23 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Balochistan
Armed gunmen abduct 14 workers in Pakistan's Balochistan. Photo: Wallpaper Cave

Pakistan: 14 workers kidnapped in coordinated armed raids in Balochistan

| @indiablooms | Feb 23, 2026, at 09:07 pm

Armed men abducted 14 construction workers, who were working on a government project and at a crushing plant at two different places in Khuzdar and Barkhan districts of Balochistan, Pakistan, media reports said.

A senior police officer told Dawn News that the armed men barged into the construction company’s camp in Mula area, some 60 km from Khuzdar, and kidnapped 11 workers including a project manager.

“Six labourers belonged to Sindh province who were working with the com­pany while five others are residents of Khuzdar and other areas of the province,” the police official said.

He told the newspaper that the armed men attempted to take away arms and ammunition of the police station but police personnel offered resistance, forcing the kidnappers to flee.

Security forces reached the spot after getting information about the kidnapping.

No kidnappers have been arrested so far.

Meanwhile, in the second kidnapping incident reported from Barkhan district, more than 30 men attacked the crushing plant in Dhola Nadi area and after damaging the plant they kidnapped three workers and fled from the area.

“Armed men abducted three labourers working at the crashing plant in Musakhail area,” Barkhan deputy commissioner Abdullah Khosa told Dawn News, adding that the kidnappers also damaged the plant.

The kidnappers reportedly took away three police personnel posted at a check post along with their weapons.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.