February 22, 2026 10:28 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Khyber Pakh­tunkhwa Blasts
Image: Wikimedia Commons

Pakistan: Attacks in Khyber Pakh­tunkhwa leaves five security personnel dead

| @indiablooms | Oct 22, 2021, at 05:15 am

Kohat: At least five security personnel died in two incidents in parts of Pakistan's Khyber Pakh­tunkhwa region on Wednesday.

Bajaur DPO Abdul Samad Khan told Dawn that a roadside bomb went off in the hilly area of Mamund tehsil near Pak-Afghan border.

He told Dawn News the blast occurred in Teer Banda locality when a joint team of security forces and police were conducting a search operation in the area following an earlier explosion that had targeted a vehicle of a contractor, wounding two persons.

He said four personnel — FC’s Jamshed and Mudassir and police constables Noor Rahman and Samad Khan- were martyred in the second blast.

He said it was an IED device that had been planted along the way before the first explosion. Soon after the incident, a team of FC and police reached the site and shifted the martyred security men to the district headquarters hospital in Khar for formalities.

The area was cordoned off after the blast.

No group claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.