February 23, 2026 04:49 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Balochistan COVID19
Image: Pixabay

Pakistan: Balochistan govt expresses concern over rise of COVID-19 cases

| @indiablooms | Jul 20, 2021, at 10:47 pm

Quetta: The sharp rise in COVID-19 case in Balochistan has triggered criticisms from the region's government as the province is currently witnessing the fourth wave of the deadly pandemic.

Speaking at a press conference here on Sunday, spokesman Liaquat Shahwani was quoted as saying by Dawn News that the rate of positive cases of coronavirus in the province had reached 12 per cent because the people were showing a casual attitude towards vaccination.

“Now it is the responsibility of the people to protect themselves from coronavirus and get vaccinated,”  Shahwani said.

He said COVID-19 cases in the province have been rising in Balochistan over the past 10 days.

He expressed concern that the perce­ntage of recovery of Covid-19 patients had also come down from 98pc to 94pc.

He said the government is taking all steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“More attention is being paid to the implementation of coronavirus-related SOPs (standard operating procedures),” Shah­wani said, adding that it was the responsibility of the people to get vaccinated and save themselves from Indian delta variant. So far 16 cases of delta variant had been reported in Quetta and Turbat.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.