February 17, 2026 02:04 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Pakistan
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Pakistan: Blast close to school leaves seven people, including minors, dead

| @indiablooms | Nov 01, 2024, at 08:18 pm

At least seven people, including five minors, died after a blast occurred close to a Girls High School at the Civil Hospital Chowk in Mastung region of Pakistan on Friday, media reports said.

A policeman was among the deceased and 17 others were injured in the blast.

Kalat Division Commissioner Naeem Bazai told Dawn News: "So far, seven individuals have been martyred, including five school students, and 17 others have sustained injuries."

He said the blast occurred at around 8:35am.

“It appears that an IED (improvised explosive device) attached to a motorcycle was detonated near a police mobile,” Bazai said.

Mastung District Police Officer (DPO) Miandad Umrani told Dawn.com that four policemen were among the injured.

He said the deceased children were aged between five and 10 years.

A police van and several other auto-rickshaws were damaged in the blast.

Balochistan Chief Minister Sarfaraz Bugti condemned the incident.

"Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti condemned the blast in Mustang," the official X page of the CM posted.

"Condolences to martyred policemen and the heirs of innocent children, terrorists have now targeted innocent children along with poor labourers, the humanitarian incident is condemnable, terrorists have now targeted innocent children in soft target, innocent children and innocent children," he said.

"Sins will take account of the blood of the people, the local people in the civilian population will also have to keep an eye on the terrorists, the monster of terrorism can be fought only together," he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.