February 19, 2026 03:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan condemns attacks in Karachi Chinese consulate and Orakzai

| @indiablooms | Nov 23, 2018, at 03:16 pm

Islamabad, Nov 23 (IBNS): Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday condemned the attacks in Karachi and Orakzai areas of the country and said they were done with the intention of creating unrest in the nation.

Condemning the attacks, Khan tweeted: " Strongly condemn the terrorist attacks against Chinese Consulate in Karachi & in Orakzai tribal area. My prayers go to the victims & their families. Salute the brave security/police personnel who gave their lives & denied success to terrorists in the mission ag Chinese Consulate."

Khan said: "I am absolutely clear both these attacks are part of a planned campaign to create unrest in the country by those who do not want Pakistan to prosper. Let there be no doubt in anyone's mind that we will crush the terrorists, whatever it takes."

 

He further said: "The failed attack against the Chinese Consulate was clearly a reaction to the unprecedented trade agreements that resulted from our trip to China. The attack was intended to scare Chinese investors and undermine CPEC. These terrorists will not succeed."

In Karachi, two policemen were killed and one security guard was injured in an attack on the Chinese Consulate.

A separatist group in Balochistan took responsibility for the strike.

In Balochistan, Chinese involvement in infrastructure project is fiercely opposed by the Baluchis seeking independence from Pakistan.

In a separate incident, at least 30 people were killed as a blast rocked a marketplace in Pakistan's Lower Orakzai area on Friday, media reports said.

The blast left 40 others hurt.

No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.

Imran Khan took oath as Pakistan's PM this year.

His PTI clinched victory in the general polls in the Asian nation.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.