February 19, 2026 03:34 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Pakistan
Pixabay

Pakistan's Balochistan facing severe financial crisis: Reports

| @indiablooms | Feb 03, 2023, at 03:53 pm

Quetta:  Balochistan is facing a financial crisis for the last three months as it has not received its share of Rs11 billion under the National Finance Commission (NFC) award, a key official of the province has said.

Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo and Finance Minister Zamrak Khan Piralizai have repeatedly drawn the attention of the federal government to the province’s predicament, but the centre has made no response so far, reports Dawn News.

The province reportedly did not receive any money from Islamabad for flood relief as well.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had announced a grant of Rs10 billion for rehabilitation and reconstruction of infrastructure in flood-ravaged regions, but Balochistan’s finance department laments it hasn’t received anything under the head so far, reports the Pakistani newspaper.

The provincial government had to spend “huge amounts” on relief and rehabilitation from its own resources, an official told Dawn.

Farah Azeem Shah, a spokesperson for the provincial government, said at a press conference the province was woefully short of funds and unless the federal government released its dues worth Rs75 billion, it won’t be able to pay salaries to its employees.

She accused Islamabad of holding back the money on purpose, calling for the release of funds “as soon as possible”. “Otherwise, the province will meet with disaster.”

The spokesperson said a major chunk of the provincial government’s funds were spent on law and order.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.