February 22, 2026 03:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Taliban
Image: Xinhua/UNI

Taliban govt rejects right's group report on execution of over 100 Afghan security members

| @indiablooms | Dec 01, 2021, at 11:45 pm

Kabul/UNI: The Taliban-led government has rejected the recent report that revealed the group had executed dozens Afghan security members after they surrendered following the fall of civilian government earlier this year.

According to a report by TOLOnews, Human Rights Watch said in its report that the Taliban has "killed or disappeared "more than 100 Afghan former security members" in four provinces including Kandahar, Helmand, Ghazni and Kunduz in less than three months since taking control of Afghanistan.

The HRW had conducted a research between August 15 to October 3 and interviewed about 67 people in these provinces.

“The Taliban leadership’s promised amnesty has not stopped local commanders from summarily executing or disappearing former Afghan security force members,” said Patricia Gossman, associate Asia director of the Human Rights Watch.

“The burden is on the Taliban to prevent further killings, hold those responsible to account, and compensate the victims’ families.”

The report further said the Taliban leaders has ordered former Afghan security members to surrender and receive a letter that can guarantee their safety under the amnesty program, and so using this strategy the Taliban identified Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) members, TOLOnews reported.

Saeed Khosti, Taliban official, said, “We reject this report, if they own documents proving the issue they can share them with us so we can arrest and legally act against the criminals. The Islamic Emirate never chased or killed former security forces. Some former military forces may have lost lives as a result of personal hostility."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.