February 17, 2026 09:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Syria
Car bomb blast in Manbij leaves 20 dead. Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Twenty people, mostly women, die after car bomb hits Syria

| @indiablooms | Feb 04, 2025, at 12:51 pm

At least 20 people, mostly women, died after a car bomb blast rocked Syria's Manbij city on Monday, the deadliest attack since ex-President Bashar al-Assad's government toppled in December.

"The Syrian Civil Defense clarified on its Telegram channel that a car bomb exploded near a car transporting farmers on the outskirts of Manbij city," reported Syria's SANA news agency.

In a statement, the Syrian Presidency described the incident as a 'terror attack' and said those behind it would be punished.

“On Monday, February 3rd, 2025, a terrorist cowardly explosion targeted our civilians in the city of Manbij, claiming the lives of 20 people and a number of wounded… we pray to God to have mercy on the martyrs and a speedy recovery for the injured,” the presidency said in a statement as quoted by SANA.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), a Kurdish-led alliance backed by the US which controls much of north-eastern Syria, has reportedly condemned the attack.

Turkey-based Syrian Islamic Council accused the SDF of being behind the blast, reported BBC.

This was the second car bomb blast recorded in the area in the past three days.

At least four people, including children, died in a car bomb blast in the city on Saturday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.