February 19, 2026 08:49 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Russia
Screengrab from video tweeted by @RakanSlmaan

Ukraine attempted Vladimir Putin's assassination, 2 drones shot down, claims Russia

| @indiablooms | May 04, 2023, at 02:15 am

Moscow/IBNS: Russia Wednesday accused Ukraine of attempting to kill President Vladimir Putin as it claimed to have shot down two drones that were used in the alleged attack on Kremlin building.

Russia said it reserved the right to retaliate - a comment that suggested that Moscow might use the alleged incident to justify a further escalation in the 14-month-old war with Ukraine, said media reports.

Putin was not injured as he was not present on the premises when the alleged attack took place and there was no material damage to the Kremlin building.

Russia, meanwhile, considered the alleged drone attack "a planned terrorist act and an attempt on the life of the President of the Russian Federation."

"Two unmanned vehicles were aimed at the Kremlin... the devices were put out of action," the Kremlin said in a statement available to the media.

Ukraine has denied any role in the alleged attack and said it has "nothing to do" with it.

"Ukraine has nothing to do with drone attacks on the Kremlin," presidential spokesman Mikhaylo Podolyak said.

"Ukraine does not attack the Kremlin because, firstly, that does not solve any military aims," he added.

An unverified video circulating on Russian social media including the channel of the military news outlet Zvezda showed pale smoke rising behind the main Kremlin Palace in the walled citadel after the purported incident.

In a statement, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said drone flights would be prohibited unless a special permit had been obtained from "government authorities".

He added that the ban was meant to prevent unauthorised drone flights that could "obstruct the work of law enforcement".

Following the alleged attack, the Kremlin said that the May 9 Victory Day parade would go ahead in Moscow as planned, the state-run TASS news agency reported.

Victory Day is a key anniversary for Putin, who often evokes the spirit and sacrifice that helped the Soviet Union repel Hitler's Nazis at a cost of some 27 million lives to boost patriotic sentiment.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.