February 17, 2026 09:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

UN mission reports rocket fire from south Lebanon towards Israel

| | Jul 12, 2014, at 05:47 pm
New York, July 12(IBNS)The UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) has reported that earlier on Friday, its radar revealed that three rockets originating from the general area of Ain Arab in south Lebanon were fired towards Israel.

According to a UN spokesperson in New York, the Mission’s radar picked up the activity at around 6 a.m. local time. Israeli authorities informed UNIFIL that one rocket impacted in northern Israel.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) returned artillery fire towards the general area of the fired rockets, said the UN.

“This is a serious incident in violation of UN Security Council resolution 1701 and is clearly directed at undermining stability in the area,” stressed UNIFIL Force Commander, Major-General Paolo Serra.

The Mission’s leadership is in close contact with the parties – urging maximum restraint to prevent further escalation of the situation.

No casualties have been reported from either side and there has been no claim of responsibility.

Major-General Serra underscored, “It is imperative to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of this attack.”

In coordination with the Lebanese Armed Forces, UNIFIL has reinforced its presence on the ground and intensified patrols to prevent any additional incidents.

UNIFIL, in cooperation with the parties, is currently investigating to determine the facts and circumstances of the incident.

UNIFIL armoured vehicles pass through a Lebanese Armed Forces checkpoint near Ghanduriya. Photo: UNIFIL

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.