February 17, 2026 07:35 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Israel and Hamas have agreed to a peace deal brokered by the US. Photo: ChatGPT.

US warns of imminent Hamas attack on Gaza civilians, calls it 'ceasefire violation'

| @indiablooms | Oct 19, 2025, at 12:05 pm

The US State Department on Saturday said it had received “credible reports” that Hamas was planning an imminent attack against civilians in Gaza, a move Washington warned would amount to a violation of the fragile ceasefire.

"This planned attack against Palestinian civilians would constitute a direct and grave violation of the ceasefire agreement and undermine the significant progress achieved through mediation efforts," said the State Department in a statement.

It added that such an action would “undermine the significant progress achieved through mediation efforts.”

While the statement did not specify what measures the US might take, President Donald Trump earlier this week threatened that if Hamas continued killing civilians, “we will have no choice but to go in and kill them,” without clarifying who he meant by “we.”

The warning comes as the first phase of the Israel–Hamas peace deal, brokered by the US, Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey, is being implemented.

The agreement required Israel to halt its military offensive in Gaza in exchange for the release of remaining hostages taken in the October 7, 2023, attacks.

Meanwhile, Hamas has intensified its internal crackdown in Gaza, publishing footage showing the execution of eight blindfolded suspects accused of collaborating with Israel.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.